Friday, January 18, 2008

Lala's Style of the Days

YESTERDAY..aka...um...THURSDAY!: (time goes by so fast these days, can't remember)



  • Floral dress that was in need in a major revamp so I revamped it: 0.50 local thrift
  • Lips belt attached red belt: made by me and 0.50 thrift
  • Socks: 1.50 old navy
  • Boots!: $6 thrift
  • Express blue t-shirt: $1 after a $15 coupon.
  • scarf with beads: 0.50 st. vinnies
  • Red tights: 3.50 buffalo exchange
  • Grey cape-esque coat: $3 st. vinnies

Thursday was windy and static. I could feel the static. It was like zz-zz-zz. Fun.

TODAY, FRIDAY!:

  • Mossimo jeans: $6 target
  • Green tank: $3 wet seal
  • Red plaid shirt: my mom's! I saw an old photo of her wearing it back in the 70's with her huge glasses and I was like "woah.. woah"
  • Hand-Knit scarf: 0.50 st. vinnies
  • Red flower belt: 0.25 thrift
  • Rainbow flats: $3 downtown la. I love them so very much but they HURT! i think this may be one time where I will sacrifice fashion for comfort.
  • suspenders: 0.50 st. vinnies

I delivered meals to old people today for Meals on Wheels. It was fun since I don't have class and the weather is nice and I like looking at cute old people and cute little houses. I'm home for the weekend! A nice three day weekend in which I will be spending as much time as I can working on designs.

Being home does have it's disadvantages though. My sister is annoying.

Haha, I'm just kidding. I mean you are annoying, but yeah...hi mei mei!

24 comments:

Diana Rikasari said...

Oh i so love your scarf on thursday....shall we trade it for my new necklace???

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

I love how colorful your first outfit is. And your second outfit makes me realize how desperately I require a pair of suspenders!

Wendy said...

I love the way you wore your mom's red shirt! The colors you incorporate into your daily outfits are so impressive.

I am too stubborn to sacrifice fashion for the comfort of my poor feet. I almost feel sorry for those two, they suffer all the time.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that dress!! great job on the re-vamp =]


http://www.fashionfake.wordpress.com

Shopgirl China said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Michelle said...

Both outfits are cute, but I love the Friday outfit best as you got braces with your shirt! :D

N/OutofFashion said...

LOVE the outfits!

I want to wear my plaid shirt to Uni, but i think people will make fun of it.

bianca said...

the first outfit looked absolutely darling on you!! Wow you are quite the fashion freak!

bianca said...

the first outfit looked absolutely darling on you!! Wow you are quite the fashion freak!

Anonymous said...

oooh. love the shirt! MEGA AMAZING. I love digging through my mom's old clothes some days..:)

Soul Tanggg said...

i think we have the same beaded scarf!!
except mine is bright neon colors. haha and I got it at St.Vincents in vegas.

how bizzare. !!

Isabel said...

The first outfit is so L.A. I love the floral dress!

Patent Shoes && Rants said...

I like your outfits very much.

Flats almost always hurt! That's why my Jessica Simpson ones are ahmazing- They don't hurt!

My sister is annoying too- I feel your pain.

Haaaaa.

xoxoxoxoxo

Stararah said...

I love the colors in the first outfit. And the rainbow flats!

Unknown said...

wow, I adore the layering of the first outfit. And the second one looks so comfy and cute.

Unknown said...

gah you are like my fashion twin, now if only i could motivate myself to revamp/ design my own clothes! as an l.a. resident i would like to see more shopping recommendations please and thanks!

Blue Floppy Hat said...

I used to wear plaid shirts all the time when I first got to uni- I suppose I must have gotten made fun of, but didn't notice.
I really like your outfits, though- especially the first one- love the layering of your socks and tights!

NonchalantMod said...

i like the thursday outfit!

Kseniya said...

wow, you mix colours so well!!!
ive linked you in my blog!
xxx

Unknown said...

I love Thursday's mixed prints and Friday's laid-back cool!

LDF said...

You made that fire extinguisher's day!

sridevi said...

Ah, that first outfit looks so nu-rave.
I love it.

And I used to deliver meals for Meals on Wheels!

OSN said...

the first outfit is very bold and very appealing to my eyes!!..channeling balenciaga eh?
:]

Sophie said...

Love the second outfit!