It was the first day of school. I felt like I was stuck in some twilight zone because everything felt so surreal. It sucks being back at school, but at least I got to use my super duper planner. It's already getting full which may or may not be a good thing. But this year I'll be the busy bee and bumble my way through life. Super exciting. I'm so glad it did not rain today because yesterday I nearly died. Okay. I over exaggerate but I saw my life flashing before my eyes. Okay. I over exaggerated again. Basically, I was in the bathroom and trying to do a "cool hipster" pose leaning against the wall and such thinking I was the shizz while waiting for my mom. I was wearing my converses and telling my sister "Woah. The floor is slippery". And then I fricking slipped. And I banged my head against the wall. Now I'm even more screwed up than normal. This type of stuff always happens to me. One time I was walking down the stairs and in my head I was thinking, "Oh no I'm going to slip. Oh no I'm going to slip. Oh no I'm going to slip." and before I knew it I slipped. I should never think of bad things from now on because they always happen to me. But anyways, on to my outfit for day numero uno of winter quarter.
- Sweater with blue fuzzy-ness!: $5 tjmaxx. I bought this a while ago but I saw it for a long time at TJ and loved it. Happily, other customers did not share the same love for fantastic blue fuzzyness and glitter that it got marked down to five bucks.
- Proenza Schouler for target skirt: $7
- tights and leggings underneath for extra warmth: old navy
- Shoes!! I really don't know how to describe them. I will call them elf shoes: $4 value village
- Leopard belt: 0.50 local thrift
- ribbon in hair: part of the decoration from a gift from bacne.
- bag(not pictured): from todd's mom donation bag. I seriously felt like an Asian female Santa lugging around that big sack. Never again. Never again. It was the most awkward carrier that I've every lugged around with me but at least it fit all my junk for the day.
- my 2008 planner: I'm ready to rock n roll the new year. Or at least be more organized.
I won't leave yet without telling you a bit about my day. But before I begin I read somewhere that fashion designers need to have a big ego. So here I am, trying to inflate my ego by telling you about my day because I am just that fabulous and fierce. I think it will be good training.
So I woke up to the sound of my alarm. I had trouble falling asleep because well I was just not used to sleeping that early. I ate breakfast. I went to my first class, business law. I wanted to sleep but couldn't. I went to the gym. I was surprised that I didn't pass out because I haven't exercised in so long. I did a little graphics for the newspaper but not really because I just sat there dumb and stupid when the assistant editor was explaining the basics to me. "Dumb and Stupid" should be my middle name. Then, I bought a course reader. I went to the library to blog-surg. I had a club meeting. I went back and watched Desperate Housewives. I ate. And now here I am. Oh! And I also painted me nails.
I did a Mondrian inspired little nail art. The right hand looks more like a two year old's attempt at Mondrian and the left looks like a 12 year old's attempt at Mondrian.
It's not a very exciting day, but much of my life is built up of meaningless, humdrum fragments of activity and like a collage when placed together it creates a masterful work of art that I call my life.