Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Last Minute Halloween Ideas

So it's that time of year again. Halloween. It's the only day in which people won't stare at my attire because they might as well think that I am wearing a costume. Which is fine with me...I guess. Yes. Halloween is a great chance to re-invent yourself even if it is for one day, or more like one night. You can go crazy and all out there and this night particularly gives some girls the chance to slut it up. Playboy bunnies are not an uncommon sight on campus. My first Halloween costume was a pink and girly fairy princess. Then fat started accumulating in the posterior and the belly area and those girly cute costumes could not suffice my "growing" body anymore. So for like four Halloweens straight I was an ER doctor. It was a nice aqua green polyester stretch pajama type costume that has allowed me to go candy stealing for many years so I must thank it nonetheless. Secretly, I was jealous of my sister's cool costumes for she did not expand at the rate that I did. She got to be Mulan while I was her ER doc. We were a good pair.

This Halloween I don't think I will be dressing up. Not that I don't want to. I wish I could dress up everyday! It's just that...I don't have a costume and probably don't have the means of finding one either. Plus, I'm not going trick or treating and I'm not partying (midterm the next day!) and I do have a hiking lab that day so dressing up during the day would be out of the question. But for those of you who already have your costumes planned out to perfection, I applaud you and this post will probably be worth nada to you. For those of you who like to procrastinate, I did spend my valuable studying time coming up with easy and CHEAP costume ideas. And as you probably know, I am ALL ABOUT THE CHEAP. In light of my new eco-friendly state of my mind, I've created these with the intent that they can be gathered rather quickly at a local thrift store. There are SO much stuff you can think of by going into a thrift store, it really beats ritzy costume store any day!

If a little 80's is what you're looking for...



If a little 90's grunge is what you're looking for...


If a little artsy is what you're looking for....

If a little geek-chic is what you're looking for...

Now I really feel like dressing up. Perhaps I can create an Ugly Betty costume last minute.

3 comments:

Isabel said...

Ooh, fabulous ideas. i should go a Cobain seeing as I already dress like that anyways...

I thought of going as Enid from Ghost World, but I am too cheap to buy a wig and glasses.

Fashion Trend Guide said...

Great ideas. Don't forget the patchwork bag that Ugly Betty is always carrying...

la petite fashionista said...

ah i love the costume ideas! frida khalo is my fav, although i dk how many people would be in favor of sporting the unibrow <3

xoxo