Monday, July 23, 2007

Fancy Feet

I love shoes as much as the next girl. Even with my wide size 9 feet, when I find a pair of darling shoes that fit like Cinderella's glass slippers and I see my nicely painted red toe nails popping out, everything feels right. But there is one problem with my feet - they're extremely dry. So whilst my fancy feet look good from the top with my d'aling pair of shoes on, they tell an entirely different story underneath.
As embarrassing as I am about my feet, I believe there are a lot of us out there with the same problem. Or maybe I'm just deluded into thinking that way to make me feel less like a dry feet hideous monster.

On the days I'm not being lazy, I'm walking around a lot, especially at school. And constantly wearing dirty flipflops on many occasions, I realized that I have not treated my poor feet well and now there is the evidence of my neglect. When I went to the doctors last week, she asked if I had any more questions. I did. I had a lot and it didn't even have anything to do with why I was there in the first place.

What's this thing on my arm? Why is my skin so bad? What's that under my arm? What are these little spots? Why do I have dry feet? What can I do about my dry feet?

She answered all my questions like a pro. I was impressed. She told me that for dry feet soak it in warm water, then use a pumice scrub to get rid of the dry skin. Then put on baby oil or Vaseline and wear cotton socks over it. I'm sure this treatment is nothing new. In fact I think I read about it somewhere awhile ago. So yesterday I gave it a try:


Soaking my feet while reading Harry Potter. Still haven't finished it yet. Want to savor the last few moments we have together *sighh*



My pumice on one side and brush on the other foot scrubber, thanks Target.


I slathered Vaseline and then as told put them in socks. I slept with them last night. I woke to still dry feet. -__-

It takes time. Afterall Rome was not built in a day, and soft baby feet will not emerge under my crackles of dry skin in a night. I hope it works because sleeping with socks feels really weird.

No comments: