Saturday, June 9, 2007

a brief break from studying

Today, I had my last class as a freshman. It kind of makes me sad that I'm no longer a first year anymore. College won't be the "new experience" for a old, washed out...sophomore. It makes me kind of sad that this year went by so fast.

No, not really. Because I want summer break to start, badly. During review today I couldn't concentrate on the subject matter and instead my wandering mind drifted to the number of things I want to do this summer like sewing, starting a website, expanding my t-shirt "business", perhaps create an online vintage store as well (it would give me a good excuse to go thrifting everyday!), hanging out with friends, fashion fashion and more fashion!, shopping, and sewing. Recently, I've been searching online for a dress form. I still don't have any idea of what I want to get. I wish I were rich because then I could spend hundreds on a wonderful "me" mannequin, but alas, I am not made of benjamins. I'm debating between an adjustable dummy (haha, dummy) such as the Dritz or a Uniquely You, which is more conscious of having a better fit.





The battle for the mannequin is on! Who will win? Stay tuned to find out.

2 comments:

Diana @ So Fash'on said...

well, you seriously stole my summer plans! no, seriously! :D Unfortunately i can't start a vintage store because I can't ship from Romania and I use my sister as my dummy:D heh. she likes it though! and she is kinda the same size as me, so that's good.
well, good luck if you still have exams. I have 3 more to go, can't wait to finish and start my summer.
kisses. and thanks for the nice comments on my blog.
really means a lot to me.
Thank you!
Diana
:*

Unknown said...

oo let me know how the shopping for adummy goes! I need one, too!